server configuration for security best practices related to General Windows, IIS , ASP.NET and SQL Server settings.
Web Application Configuration Analyzer (WACA) is a tool that scans a server against a set of best practices recommended for pre-production and production servers. The list of best practices is derived from the Microsoft Information Security & Risk Management Deployment Review Standards used internally at Microsoft to harden production and pre-production environments for line of business applications. The Deployment Review standards themselves were derived from content released by Microsoft Patterns & Practices, in particular: Improving Web Application Security: Threats and Countermeasures .
WACA - new features:-
- Suppressions – you can now suppress any rule you feel is not appropriate for your scan.
- Saving of suppression files – once you set up a suppression list you want to use you can save it off for future uses.
- You can change the suppressions and regenerate the report without needing to re-run the scan.
- Reporting – Updated the reporting section to include suppression information so you know what passed, failed, was not applicable and what was suppressed.
- Multiple reports – you can view multiple scans of the same machine or view a single machine’s scan and compare it to other machines.
- Export to the Microsoft RED format.
- Scan multiple systems and SQL instances in one bulk scan.
- Additional rules – we’ve added in additional SQL rules.
- And of course bug fixes that were missed in the last release.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-Bit x86), Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 editions, Windows Server 2008
Supported Operating Systems for installation: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 R1/R2
Support Operating Systems for scanning: Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 R1/R2
Sofware Requirements: .NET Framework v4.0, Microsoft Office Excel (Optional)
Download Link : Click Here